Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)
- New implementations of FDM.
- FDM migrations or upgrades.
- Modifications of existing application.
- Application reviews.
- Integrations into HFM, Enterprise, Planning, Essbase, data warehouses and various other target systems
- Connect Source Data to Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System.
- Automate load processes.
- Custom FDM reports.
- Guided workflow interface
- Complete data validations and error checking
- Automated data mapping and loading
- Prepackaged system adapters
- Detailed audit reviews and reconciliations
- Integrated SOX surveys
- Support for standard file formats as well as direct connections to transaction systems
- Increase quality — Improve your financial data quality and confidence in the numbers
- Simplify data handling — Abridge the collection, mapping, verification, and movement of financial data
- Standardize — Rely on repeatable financial processes
- Reduce expenditures — Lower the cost of compliance
- Improve productivity — Eliminate manual file manipulation and bottlenecks
- Improve insight — Drill-through from EPM applications to transactional systems
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management is a packaged solution for finance users that helps develop standardized financial data management processes with its Web-based guided workflow user interface. Its data preparation server can ease integrating and validating financial data from any of your source systems. And to further reduce your data integration costs as well as data mapping complexities, Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management includes prepackaged adapters for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance, Oracle’s Hyperion Enterprise, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle E-Business Suite.
Finance organizations need to enhance the quality of internal controls and reporting processes. To meet these goals, you need a source-to-report view of financial data. Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management allows business analysts to develop standardized financial data management processes and validate data from any source system—all while reducing costs and complexity. Fully integrated with Oracle enterprise performance management applications, Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management is the only enterprise-class system of its kind for managing the quality of financial data.
Increase Your Confidence in the Numbers
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management eliminates the data integrity risks associated with collecting, mapping, verifying, and moving critical financial data. With it, you can build standardized, repeatable processes and avoid the typical inefficiencies of collecting financial data. These transparent processes give you greater assurance of clean data and accurate results.
- End-to-end automation of the collection, mapping, verification, and movement of financial data creates a standard process that eliminates variability.
- Data validations and quality checks allow you to inspect data at each step to identify errors, generate notifications, and reconcile discrepancies.
- Robust reporting in Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management provides more than 85 prebuilt audit, log, system, and process management reports.
Lower the Cost of Compliance
Annual audit fees can be reduced with Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management. This integrated solution for tracking the movement and preparation of financial data includesInstant error checking that enables you to identify errors and notify stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Audit reviewing that tracks evaluations, gap analysis, and action plans, and lets you trace consolidated financial results back to original sources.
- Automatic archival that safeguards supporting documentation in any format – for example an “electronic binder” of adjustment documentation can be created to support multi-GAAP or pro-forma financial statements (IFRS, etc).
- Closing functionality that links financial close activities with key internal controls and incorporates Sarbanes-Oxley Section 302 sub-certifications and Section 404 assessments.
Simplify Financial Data Collection and Transformation
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management eliminates data bottlenecks and manual file manipulation by efficiently importing data from a range of financial data sources. These features allow you to collect clean data from multiple sources.
- A data preparation engine integrates, transforms, and validates data from any source system.
- Unique “push” integration verifies mapping and intersection, retrieves data for verification, and helps meet quality requirements of Oracle enterprise performance management target systems.
- Oracle’s prepackaged source adapters allow financial managers to seamlessly link Oracle enterprise performance management applications to transaction systems further reducing integration costs and data mapping complexities.
- The process can be configured to import standard data files or connect to source transaction systems, validate data, and export it to its final target system. Administrators can set up predefined mappings and “wildcards” for any unmapped items in the data import file or underlying transaction system.
- A batch loader automates as much or as little of the data loading process as you require.
Improve the Productivity of Finance Staff
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management streamlines the timeconsuming task of manual data reconciliation by automating and verifying data submissions.
- Complete audit trails from trial balance to report give users a transparent,intuitive view of data and processes.
- A Web-based user interface enables business users to load, review, and verify data for any target system.
- Guided workflow helps users create sophisticated data mappings and repeatable processes.
- Support for multi-GAAP (IFRS) reporting and reconciliations.
Connect Source Data to the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System
Along with a data preparation engine, Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management delivers prepackaged adapters that make it easy to integrate and map data. These adapters connect directly to applications within the Oracle enterprise performance management system, and can connect directly to many transaction systems as well, enabling you to save time and reduce IT costs while managing the integrity of your data. Available adapters include:
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management Adapter Suite for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management
Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management Adapter Suite for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Hyperion Planning, Oracle Essbase, Oracle Hyperion Strategic Finance, and others helps you eliminate the risk and variability typically associated with data integration by providing the following features:
- Business analyst “Guided Workflow” process.
- Available “Lights Out” batch processing.
- Audit trail visibility to data and process.
- Direct drill-through from Oracle enterprise performance management applications to Oracle, PeopleSoft and SAP transaction systems and write-back of Oracle Hyperion Planning data to Oracle and PeopleSoft Financials.
- Live integration that delivers only valid input dimensions for mapping.
- Immediate visibility to mapping and intersection validation errors.
- Automatic execution of calculations, consolidations, and data retrieves.
- Loading of cell text annotations from source data into Oracle Hyperion Financial Management.
- Loading of supplemental data such as journals into Oracle Hyperion Financial Management.
- Retrieval of data and provision of data quality checking against rules.
- The ability to automatically change entity hierarchies or the chart of accounts based on changes sourced from ERP systems.
Source Adapters for Standard File Formats and Transaction Systems
The Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management source adapters make it easy to load data from any data file, or connect directly to a variety of transaction systems. File formats supported include:
- ASCII/text, XML.
- Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Oracle E-Business Suite Financials.
- PeopleSoft Financials.
- PeopleSoft Human Resources for Oracle Hyperion Public Sector Planning and Budgeting.
- SAP Financials.
- Any ODBC data source.
A business user-friendly web interface, part of the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Workspace, is available to connect the source adapters and to create and run metadata and data extraction rules.
Also a variety of tax calculation and provisioning systems can be integrated using the data extract adapter.